Tuesday 21 June 2016

Review: Mac Prep + Prime Fortified Skin Enhancer

Description on Website:
"A tinted skin primer formulated with soft-focus powders to help even out skin tone and add radiance. Lightweight and invisible, it goes on under foundation or powder for a naturally perfect look and subtle glow. Helps protect against pollution and UV rays. Available in four tints: Illuminate adds radiance to a sallow complexion; Neutralize calms a red, blotchy complexion; Adjust brightens dull skin; and Recharge adds a little "boost" to any dull complexion. Fragrance free."






I have this product in "Neutralize".


This product is one of my favorite products out there. It is on the pricey end, and I did get my hands on it by taking it from my mother's vanity, but nonetheless, it is so worth it. 

This product claims to "even out skin tone and add radiance." This product, although has a matte feel, making it suitable for people with oily skin (like me), does not make the face look dull. It adds a glow-y look to the face, making it look healthy and luminous all day. I have worn this product for up to 8 hours (during school and work) and I love how it stays. I do find myself feeling a bit oily after I am out in direct sunlight, or after I have played sports, but it is never extreme. When I play sports, the oil usually goes away as my sweat dries up, and the oil left is enough to blot, but this product never claimed to be sweat-proof. 

As for the evening of the skin tone, I feel like it uses the shine characteristic of this product to keep the face blurred, and to even it out as much as possible. 
This product has SPF 35, which is perfect for the summer time. 

Because I am Roaccutane, or Accutane (Isotretinoin), my face is very blotchy with dry and oily patches all over my skin. This product really evens them out well, making my face look pretty much flawless and glow-y.
Now you may have noticed that I have been referring to this primer as a 'product' rather than a 'primer', and this is because I do not always use it as a primer. On hot summer days, I merely just put this on my face, maybe add a second layer, and conceal some impurities that I may have that day, and I'm good to go! 
Some other days, though, I do use it as a primer, putting a thin layer under my powder or pressed foundation, and putting a full face of makeup. However, I usually do not go for this product when I am looking for a primer as it is pretty pricey. 
I usually use this product with just a loose powder, MAC's NC20 sheer loose powder. 



Overall, I love this product, and I just wish they make bigger ones. 9/10. :) 






No comments:

Post a Comment