Wednesday 12 August 2015

Elie Saab Fall-Winter line 2015/2016 Best/Worst and favourite looks

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Who is Elie Saab?

Elie Saab is one of my all time favourite designers. His ethnicity is Lebanese, much like mine, and he doesn't often slack whilst making designs for his upcoming lines.

What is this post about?

This post is to critique his line. I will put out there that I am not a professional critic, nor am I certified in this field. HOWEVER, last summer I attended an intensive 4 week fashion design workshop. This, unfortunately, still does not make me capable of professionally critiquing actual professionals. This post is purely based on opinion. This post will talk about my favourite and my least favourite designs in the upcoming collection.


This autumn's collection goes a lot with the golden/silver/glittery trend. These dresses are perfect for weddings because who really wants to wear white to a wedding when it isn't ours?

MY FAVOURITE LOOKS:

 







THE WINNER -- The best look:




This dress is something I would definitely wear if I got the chance to. Although it is completely surrounded with glitters and sequins et cetera, which is not usually a look I go for, I would wear this dress with my eyes closed. My favourite aspect of this dress is the fact that it is tight at the top, inches at the waist, and, instead of going completely all out like a wedding dress, it flares lightly. A perfect flare I would say. I personally would not pair the dress with those shoes, but would rather pair it with a pair of nude stilettos, or something of the sort.



MY LEAST FAVOURITE LOOKS:
































THE WINNER -- The worst look:



I honestly did not like this dress at all. I think when I first saw it I knew that it was the worst in the collection. I feel like the chevron details and the lace details clash, and the top part, where it crosses, is not flattering at all. This actually looks very similar to a wedding dress style, and I don't really like that about it. This dress just does not look that good in general in my opinion. 



*I got all these pictures off of Elie Saab's official website:
http://www.eliesaab.com/en/ready-to-wear/fw-2015-2016#/en/haute-couture/fw-2015-2016/28/1
This is purely my opinion/taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment